Tuesday, May 15, 2007

FOUND! Jalapeno peppers...and some more fun stuff :)





What is it with the Jalapeno Pepper that makes it SOOO hard to find here in Cumming? I swear...I searched Lowes, Home Depot, two Wal-Marts AND Pike's. I very nearly gave up at Pike's when I found them. Up waaaaay high on a rolling cart...and by high I mean high enough my husband would have had to reach up...I found a few 2-packs of wee bitty Jalapeno peppers. Only .99 for 2 plants! I of course bought 4. MUST.HAVE.JALAPENO.PEPPERS. You really have no idea the obsession this has become for me...or maybe you do?


This is the left bed, showing beans in the rear, tomatoes on the middle left, lemon cukes on the left front, bush cukes on the right front, various peppers on the right middle...lots of plants. I'll be thinning this weekend.

I was also in search of calendula...which I did not find, not even in seed form. Just can't find that one anywhere either...and yes, you can bet I've searched all the above places for it.


I did find Valerian, Chamomile in bloom (I have some sprouting but I'm impatient at this point) and a particularly YUMMY smelling Chocolate Peppermint Mint plant. It claims to be invasive, which of course all mints are...but omg that plant had me at whiff #1.






So of course all this playing in the dirt has given me ideas. I've got all sorts of ideas of how

I can mulch that entire part of our yard...it's sort of a little off-shoot to the side in back. Not a part we've used much (until now) and it lends itself nicely to needing a lit archway, over which I could train a variety of yummy things, leading into the main part of the garden. I plan on removing some pretty fugly shrubs in a raised bed we have in th corner, and then laying waste to the vast growth of English Ivy I have back there. Next year that corner will grow my peas, beans and melons...or at least that's the plan right now. We'll see how motivated I can get my husband in terms of helping me remove huge (giant really) shrubs that are long-since leggy and a ton of ivy. He hates ivy. I'm starting to agree.


No comments: