Sunday, May 13, 2007

More on Mother's Day...






























Here you see my 5 zucchini plants, which sprouted from seeds I planted on April 19:
















We had a lot of rain last night...overnight my cucumber plants sprouted! I planted them directly in the beds on May 6. I am also sharing my "cheat" cuke plant that I bought this week...after my peppers didn't sprout I was sort of doubting my sprout-ability LOL.































Just since I visited my plants this morning with Mom before she left, my beans have sprouted! Here you see one wee bitty one in between two of my pepper plants (I gave up and bought 4...I have a red bell, a yellow bell, a mexibell and a sweet chili...still holding hope that at least one jalepeno will sprout in my jiffy peats since I can't find jalapeno plants anywhere...)














I also have some lemon cucumber plants that sprouted today! I'm excited about these since I've never had a lemon cuke before but LOVE LOVE LOVE cucumbers.















Not pictured are my peas (sprouted today!), sweet onions, spinach, & salad greens.


Um, think I have enough Roma tomatoes? I sprouted these on April 19...I am not fond of tomatoes but use these for salsa and tomato sauce. I recognize I'll need to thin these soon...















I also planted some competition pumpkin seeds in with the yard beds...hope they come up! Our family watermelon plot is against the fence near our gate...the boys are probably most excited about that more than anything else.

No comments: