Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

The second round of plants seems to have sprouted! I planted them to sprout from seed on May 6. Today is May 13 (Mother's Day) and I have zinnia, bachelor's buttons and a few others.













I have established an herb garden too...it's small for now but we'll see...I've got lots of room if I pull out some English Ivy (no small task!) since I'd much prefer a fragrant (and useful!) herb garden to the veritable plethora of ivy we have all over.



It is right outside the living room, by my seat on the sofa. I have a birdfeeder in the same bed. So far I have Lemon Balm, Sweet Basil, Echinacea (transplanted from my front perennial garden, planted over the last 2 years), Citronella and Cilantro. I am sprouting Chamomile and hope to also have some Calendula...perhaps some Lemon Verbena if I can find it.


Sweet Basil:













Citronella:













Lemon Balm:

Echinacea transplated from the front perennial bed:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulations on your new gardening adventure.. I LOVE lemon balm and can just smell it over here!!!