Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I did it again today. I have an illness.

Once the sting in the foot subsided...I was out the door to top of the groceries. I got sidetracked though...and ended up getting things for around my mailbox. It was a mess of trying-to-grow morning glory, bermuda and lirope weed-filled MESS. Did I mention MESS?

The former owners had edged it with bricks (sort of...half bricks on wood) but those long since broke as the mail person ran over them (they apparently run up on our curb...grumble grrr grumble). I was done with the mess.

Got the landscape fabric out of the shed, laid it down. Edged with concrete edgers (I actually need to do those better but a storm was coming...I'll sink them later this week or next but they work for now) I then added grass clippings, leaf mold, compost and topsoil...mixed it all up.

To that I added 3 salvias (love love love sage!) and a tickweed coreopsis (all perennial here.) Scattered my remaining marigold seeds, patted it down and headed in. It was nearly dark. The boys helped me tidy up and that was that. Took me under an hour and under $30.

Not bad. ;) And now (once I sink the edgers) I *should* be weed-free, or at least mostly so. It'll look much nicer now. In a few days the boys and I will take our empty bags (compost and such) to the county mulch pile and load up so we can mulch my front beds for free, including around the mailbox.


If only my foot didn't complain so much I'd feel quite accomplished today.

Just talked with my husband. I really don't like this traveling husband thing so much. :( Ah well.

No comments: