Sunday, May 13, 2007

My seeds...planted to sprout.


In mid-April I sowed many different types of seeds to sprout for my garden. We got a little bit of a late start but it looks like most things have sprouted successfully! I'm still waiting for my peppers to sprout but I've almost decided they won't.


I planted a second set of seeds to sprout just a few days ago...including the rest of my carnival peppers and jalapenos. So far the bachelor buttons and all varieties of zinna have sprouted! No veggies from that second planting yet...but hoping beyond hope for some japapenos.

Initially I used found containers from around my house...Solo plates, strawberry containers and an egg carton. For my second round of seeds I reused some of those and added two Jiffy peat flats (not the peat pellets but the peat pots you add the soil to yourself.) Since the peppers in the plates didn't sprout (planted April 19), I'm hoping they will sprout in the Jiffy peats.

No comments: